Mycotoxins and Molds

Photo by Pixabay on Pexels.com

Mold and mycotoxins are silent, often invisible catalysts of disease in people. A mycotoxin is a toxic substance produced by molds and fungi. Many of these readily colonize common crops that humans and livestock consume. Molds are natural organisms that can colonize in damp, warm conditions, and can live inside residences. Both molds and mycotoxins are capable of causing disease and even death.

Toxic mold exposure can occur through airborne means in the home or workplace. Mold can also be unknowingly consumed in food that is spoiled. Mycotoxins can be ingested through certain crops that may have been stored incorrectly, such as coffee, corn, grains and dried fruits. Mycotoxins can also affect people who have eaten meat from animals that ingested contaminated feed. Milk is especially a source of potential mycotoxin exposure. Outdoor molds, such as those growing in leaf litter or lawn clippings can affect some. There is also a common co-nonoccurence of Lyme disease and mycotoxin exposure.

Photo by Igor Haritanovich on Pexels.com

Symptoms of mycotoxin burden can range:

  • headache
  • runny nose
  • fatigue
  • coughing and wheezing
  • loss of balance
  • depression, anxiety
  • skin rashes
  • eye irritation
  • hearing loss
  • sensitivity to chemicals and foods
  • irregular heartbeat
  • joint pain
  • muscle weakness
  • sleep issues
  • poor memory
  • slow reaction time
  • vision changes
  • abdominal pain, bloating with diarrhea
  • tingling and numbness
  • increased urinary frequency and thirst
  • dizziness
Photo by NEOSiAM 2020 on Pexels.com

Treatment of severe mycotoxin exposure may require a prescription from a doctor. Other measures that can be taken include changing the diet to eliminate further sources of mold while starving any organisms already in the body. Several natural supplements can aid in removing mycotoxins. However, the most important step is to remove the source, whether environmental or dietary.

To learn more about mold and mycotoxins and whether they could be affecting you, visit my website and sign up for a free consultation.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s